SAVE THE DATE
NEW TSCA AT FIVE
June 30, 2021
This June marks the fifth anniversary of the enactment of the game-changing Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act (Lautenberg) that amended the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). With a new Administration and the relentless pace of regulatory developments related to Lautenberg implementation, there are many issues to consider and problems to solve.
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI), the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, and Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®) are pleased to announce the fifth annual conference providing updates and insights regarding the current state of TSCA implementation, ongoing and emerging issues, and related developments. Topics will include how EPA is implementing Section 6 risk evaluation provisions, changes in new chemical review, existing chemical risk management provisions, and TSCA’s role in achieving environmental justice, among other topics.
As with our previous TSCA anniversary events, a stellar faculty of speakers from government, non-governmental organizations, industry, and academia will convene to inform, analyze, discuss, and debate the most pressing issues related to TSCA with regulatory practitioners and other stakeholder attendees.
Detailed program and registration information to come. SAVE THE DATE!
A virtual day-long symposium presented by the Environmental Law Institute (ELI), Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®), and the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health
Free and Open to the Public
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (EDT)
B&C, ELI, and the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health are pleased to present "TSCA Reform -- Four Years Later." This complimentary virtual conference marks the fourth Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Annual Conference, reflecting on the accomplishments and challenges since the implementation of the 2016 Lautenberg Amendments and where TSCA stands today. Panelists will cover "TSCA Implementation: Where Are We Now?," "Science Policy Issues," and "Regulatory and Policy Issues" while offering unique insights into the decision making process of top U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials.
- Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner, B&C
- Yvette T. Collazo, Director, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), EPA
- Thomas M. Connelly, Jr., Executive Director and CEO, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- The Honorable Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, Assistant Administrator, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP), EPA
- Richard A. Denison, Ph.D., Lead Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
- Scott Fulton, President, ELI
- Eve C. Gartner, Managing Attorney, Toxic Exposure & Health Program, Earthjustice
- Lynn R. Goldman, M.D., M.S., M.P.H., Michael and Lori Milken Dean and Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Jennifer Sass, Senior Scientist, Healthy People & Thriving Communities Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
- The Honorable Tom Udall, U.S. Senator, New Mexico (invited)
Panelists will dive into a host of topics, including the current impacts of TSCA on science policies, challenges faced by industry, and regulatory policies, especially those concerning ensuring compliance and enforcement. Mark your calendar to join ELI, B&C, the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, leading experts, and distinguished keynote speakers in a day-long exploration of the issues and regulations surrounding TSCA.
More information about "TSCA Reform -- Four Years Later" is available at the ELI website. A recording of last year's TSCA Reform seminar can be accessed online with a free ELI account, providing a clear example of how this seminar translates to a virtual space.