Registration Opens for “TSCA Reform – Five Years Later,” an Essential Annual TSCA Event
Posted on May 27, 2021 by Lynn L. Bergeson
A Timely and Essential Complimentary Conference
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (EDT)
Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (B&C®), the Environmental Law Institute (ELI), and the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health are pleased to present “TSCA Reform - Five Years Later.” This complimentary virtual conference marks the fifth Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Annual Conference, reflecting on the accomplishments and challenges since the implementation of the 2016 Lautenberg Amendments and where TSCA stands today. Leading panelists will reflect on the challenges and accomplishments, while offering unique insights into the decision-making process of top U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials.
Confirmed speakers from government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), industry, and academia include:
- Lynn R. Goldman, M.D., M.S., M.P.H., Michael and Lori Milken Dean of the Milken Institute School of Public Health, Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health, George Washington University
- Michal Ilana Freedhoff, Ph.D., Principal Deputy Assistant Administrator, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, EPA
- Dianne Barton, Council Chair, National Tribal Toxics Council
- Lynn L. Bergeson, Managing Partner, B&C
- Ryan J. Carra, Ph.D., Principal, Beveridge & Diamond, P.C.
- Lawrence E. Culleen, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- Richard A. Denison, Ph.D., Lead Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Dennis R. Deziel, Senior Government Affairs Advisor, B&C, and former Administrator, Region I, EPA
- Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Richard E. Engler, Ph.D., Director of Chemistry, B&C
- Penny Fenner-Crisp, Ph.D., Environmental Protection Network
- Scott Fulton, President, ELI
- Eve C. Gartner, Managing Attorney, Toxic Exposure & Health Program, Earthjustice
- Timothy W. Hardy, Partner, Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P.
- Liz Hitchcock, Director, Safer Chemicals Healthy Families
- Jon Kalmuss-Katz, Supervising Staff Attorney, Earthjustice
- Marianne Engelman Lado, Deputy General Counsel, Environmental Initiatives, Office of General Counsel, EPA
- Jeffery T. Morris, Ph.D., Jeff Morris Solutions, LLC
- John Pendergrass, Vice President, Programs & Publications, ELI
- Betsy Southerland, Issue Team, TSCA, Environmental Protection Network
- Robert M. Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
- Sara Beth Watson, Of Counsel, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
Additional speakers will be announced as they are confirmed.
Mark your calendar for June 30, 2021, to join ELI, B&C, the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, leading experts, and distinguished keynote speakers in this day-long exploration of the issues and regulations surrounding TSCA.
More information about “TSCA Reform - Five Years Later” is available at the ELI website and a recording will be made available to all participants after the conference. Details about previous TSCA Reform events can be found at “TSCA Reform – Four Years Later,” “TSCA: Three Years Later,” “TSCA Reform at 2 Years” and “TSCA Reform: One Year Later.”